MSI GL Series GL65 9SC-004 15.6″ Intel Core i5 9th Gen 9300H (2.40 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 8 GB Memory 512 GB NVMe SSD Windows 10 Home 64-bit Gaming Laptop
PROS: – It looks beautiful
– The location of the touch panel does not make it too difficult to play (when using the WASD keys).
– SteelSeries Engine 3 (RGB keyboard software) is pretty good software and not as flawed as Corsair’s (but, as far as I can tell, fewer options)
– Dragon Center software is nice (shows CPU / GPU / temps usage and lets you control fans) and doesn’t consume much CPU usage
– Surprisingly light for a gaming laptop
– The keyboard feels good
– Outer material doesn’t feel cheap
CONS: – Delivered with Norton pre-installed
– Fans can be quite loud (but not very visible when headphones are on)
– RGB buttons cannot reach pure white (more like offset purple?), So some buttons are darker than others when using white
– A flash drive could not be read without having to hold it in place (it worked fine on my old MSI laptop).
– Right / left touchpad clicks quite hard
– The charger is on the right, almost near the middle (it can be annoying if you use a physical mouse).
Overall Rating: This is a very nice laptop for the price. So far I can say that it can handle Android Studio emulators and lightweight games with the highest settings (like ArcheAge Unchained in my case). However, for more advanced games, I would recommend lowering the settings a bit to avoid temperatures of 90 ° C +. Fans can make a lot of noise and the GPU can make this “devious” noise, but when the game settings are low or when you use it to program, it’s pretty quiet. However, I am a little concerned about the USB ports. They all seemed to work with my mouse and headphones, but none of them worked properly with a working flash drive. Basically I had to hold the drive a bit to transfer it over some files. The drive worked fine on my other MSI laptop, but maybe this laptop just didn’t like that particular drive. since it worked with other USB devices (and the drivers are updated). Overall it’s a good laptop and it was easy to set up and configure after receiving it.