CUK MSI GE63 Raider RGB Gamer Notebook (Intel i7-9750H, 64GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB, 15.6″ FHD IPS-Level 144Hz 3ms, Windows 10 Home) Gaming Laptop Computer
PROS: I was looking for a 15.6-inch laptop with a high-quality display, 16GB of RAM, i7 7700hq CPU, and 6GB GTX 1060. The computers I considered were Acer Predator Helios 300, Dell 15 7577 , and Asus GL503 , Alienware R3 159 , and this.
After looking at numerous reviews of the aforementioned products, I decided to buy the MSI GE63VR Raider that I saw at Newegg at a reduced price. Although it’s for sale, it’s still slightly out of my price range. Several factors led me to spend a little more money on MSI.
Past experience with MSI products:
– I built desktop computers with MSI and Asus motherboards. The MSI board lasted longer and performed better than the replaced Asus.
– Mature cooling systems. He had an MSI RX480 Gaming X. He was very impressed with the cooling solution installed on the card.
Comments for the other laptops:
-The Dell 7577 has a faulty display and the Max-q version of the GTX1060
– The Asus GL503 has had many reviews on various websites criticizing the low efficiency of the CPU / GPU cooling system and excessive fan noise. Looking at the pictures of the GL503 cooling system, only two copper heat pipes are common between the CPU and the GPU. The GE63VR has FOUR dedicated copper heat pipes for the GPU and THREE dedicated heat pipes for the CPU.
– The Acer Predator Helios 300 had a better screen than the Dell and a full GTX 1060. It also didn’t have the same heat issues as the more expensive Asus GL503. The screen didn’t look as good as the GE63VR’s screen. The keyboard and case were not as high quality as the Raider.
I personally looked at all the laptops at my local computer store.
-The GE63VR had a better display than the Acer Predator (yes, a better TN LED display than IPS!), A MUCH better keyboard, and overall looked like a higher quality product in terms of material and design.
– I did not like the Dell screen or keyboard
– The Asus GL503 had an amazing screen and keyboard (4-zone RGB instead of Pro-Key like the MSI), so I liked these things.
– The store only had an MSI Raider equipped with a GTX 1050 (not you) raider, and the price was $ 1400.
I also like the fact that in addition to a 2.5-inch SATA3 slot, the raider had two NVMe slots that support RAID.
My previous experiences
The Raider starts in less than 3 seconds if I enter my Windows PIN fast enough. Fewer than two with password disabled.
The screen is beautiful. Better than my IPS AOC desktop monitor. Rich and vivid colors. No backlight bleeding! There are no dead pixels! MSI advertises it as a “wide angle” TN display and I will confirm that it has wide viewing angles for a TN display. The viewing angles are almost as good as with an IPS screen.
CinebenchR15 multi-core score: 742, maximum CPU temperature of 79 ° C. At 79 ° C, the fans on the GE63VR are just slightly stronger than the fans on my desk when idle.
Sky reference test
Average FPS: 60.9
High FPS: 129.7
Low FPS: 14.8
When using RTSS and HWinfo64 for an on-screen display, the maximum GPU temperature during setpoint was 68 ° C. The GPU clock frequency averaged 1733 MHz. It was as high as 1780 and had a minimum of 1683.
Amazing cooling system for a laptop. MSI has done its homework. Very quiet fans. I am sure this laptop will last 2-3 years for the most part as the thermal solution works well.
I don’t have any games installed yet, but I will update the rating if I do.
The keyboard and trackpad are amazing. The best laptop keyboard and trackpad I’ve ever used. Everything feels very high quality. The RGB button lighting is really cool. It can be programmed to change color in animated patterns. Honestly, I’d rather pay $ 100 less for the laptop than RGB lighting, but I think that’s the current trend.
The buttons feel good and are comfortably located. I have big hands on average.
The trackpad is amazing. It has left and right click buttons, or the trackpad can be touched with one or two fingers like a smartphone screen instead of clicking the buttons.
The speakers are surprisingly good. Like, wow NO headphones are required to play and watch videos!
A few ports! In the USB ports are sic